CPRE Sussex comments on Joint Minerals Plan
CPRE Sussex has submitted comments on the West Sussex County Council and South Downs National Park draft Joint Minerals Plan.
Our main concerns are:
- That the plan does not reflect the national commitment to carbon reduction
- The plan does not contain adequate provision for new forms of extraction of hydrocarbons such as ‘matrix acidisation.’
- The plan permits hydraulic fracturing
- The plan allocates Ham Farm, Steyning, for soft sand extraction
- The plan needs stronger policies in relation to protected landscapes, water resources, biodiversity and geodiversity, the design and operation of mineral developments and community engagement.
Download CPRE Sussex comments on the plan: