Outline application for development at Burgh Hill should be refused
Outline application RR/2023/2540/P is for the erection of up to 7 dwellings and associated infrastructure with all matters reserved except for access at Burgh Hill, south of Hurst Green.
CPRE Sussex advises that the outline application should be refused for numerous reasons. These include:
– lack of clarity about the fields included in the application
– the application being submitted before completion of the Neighbourhood Plan process
– questionable assumptions about housing land supply
– proposed removal of 170m of Important hedgerow within the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
– lack of a 4-seasons bird survey of the hedge.